Thursday, December 08, 2005

Two More Reasons...

The Amazing Kitty Doughnut
...why I love the Orignal Farmers Market! On Wednesdays we meet our regular group and have dinner at the Market. We talk about art, pop-culture and all things L.A. Usually, Amy and Stuart are there. Mr. Downtown L.A., T.K. Nagano often shows up. Artist/Musician Rob Hasick is usually there too, along with various and assorted drop-in guests like writer/artist, Jack Spiegelman, animator Brooke Keesling, etc. We meet at the area in front of the Gumbo Pot Restaurant at around 7pm, eat dinner from various stands and then at about 8:30 we move down to the other end of the Market, near Bob's Doughnuts. Last night there was this amazing doughnut at Bob's. It's called The Kitty. Of course, Brooke found and bought this faboo confection. I'm allergic to real kitties, but I'm totally adicted now to The Amazing Kitty Doughnut!
At around 9-ish, we started to leave. We got in the car and started to drive to the exit. Lo and behold, there was THE WIENERMOBILE parked right in the middle of the Original Farmers Market parking lot!!! I'd never seen the Wienermobile up-close and personal. It was the thrill of my lifetime. I am easily thrilled. We ended up staying at the Market for another 30 minutes, photographing the amazing Wienermobile. Luckily, I found the Wienermobile website with many interesting facts and history about the Wienermobile.
Here's the Hotdogger Oath: As official Hotdogger of the celebrated Oscar Mayer® Wienermobile™, I salami swear to uphold the dogma set forth here, and I promise to: Encourage wiener lovers nationwide to relish the delicacy, ketchup on the great taste of hot dogs, and give in to the craving once it's mustard. Be frank and furthermore, to be upstanding in a line for hot dogs at ball parks, barbecues, buffets, and other bashes. Journey into the streets, dachs, und ports of my community, wish well to all comers, plump and lean -- and leave them with a wiener to roast about. As once I wished I were, now I am -- an Oscar Mayer® Wienermobile™ Hotdogger.
Enjoy!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Gotta love the Wienermobile...I wanted to drive it as a kid.

 
At 5:28 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

I hope they have the amazing kitty donut tonight! I'll just have to get one before SnB--you know for research purposes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery