Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fine Art - $19.99

Spanish Revival-Tiki-Brutalism Architecture
While we were in Bakersfield this past weekend, we noticed a sign outside the Double Tree Hotel advertising a fine art sale on Sunday. We decided to stop and take a look. They were advertising fine art from as low as $19.99.
Art Patrons Browsing FINE art paintings

The subject matter of most paintings were landscapes from various locales around the world. Of course, there were also animal paintings, portraits, musicians, sports, etc. Some of the paintings were signed and actually OK. I think that most of the work was painted on a factory assembly line. One person paints the trunk of the tree, another paints the leaves, etc.
Larry, Contemplating a Kitty Painting
Needless to say, we didn't purchase any fine art, but we had fun viewing it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:31 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

They still have those sales?

I remember going to one with my mother when I was a kid. I can see that the quality of the artwork has not changed.

I don't think my mother bought anything, either!

 
At 2:31 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Yikes. Clown art. BAD clown art. Run! Hide!

I love that you and Larry checked it out....

 
At 3:14 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

LOL! I've never been to one of those Art Sales, and thanks to you, I don't have to now. Was there any art on black velvet? Any Elvis? If not, how could they call themselves fine?

 
At 7:46 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Great! Now I'm going to have nightmares of disembodied clown heads and hobo clowns on bi-planes.

I don't know how you could have resisted such priceless works of art. Call the Louvre. I suspect a heist.

 
At 8:42 AM PDT, Blogger Bratfink said...

I thought Elvis on velvet paintings were only sold on street corners...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery