Friday, June 15, 2007

Painting

Historic Zone - "Angelino Hts." Mixed Media by Ellen Bloom

This weekend I'm going to concentrate on painting. I'm having an art opening that I'd love all of you to attend on Saturday, July 14th at Future Studio in Highland Park. This is part of the regular Second Saturday Gallery Night held every month in Highland Park, Eagle Rock and other Arroyo areas.

Larry and I try to go to Gallery Night every month. The galleries offer diverse art...sculpture, drawings, paintings, assemblages, folk art, photographs, etc. Some of our favorite galleries are Mor York Gallery (a must-see), Avenue 50 Studio, Future Studio, Acorn Gallery, the Huron Substation and more. We usually make a night of it and go early to have dinner at one of the great little restaurants in Highland Park.

My show in July at Future Studio is called "To Preserve and Protect: The Historic Zones of Los Angeles." I will be showing my Los Angeles Landscapes, along with some new pieces that I'm working on this weekend. I'll also be selling giclée prints of most of my pieces.

Historic Zone - "Miracle Mile North", Mixed Media by Ellen Bloom
from the collection of Beth Oliver and Larry Armstrong
Highland Park is off the 110 Fwy, south of Pasadena. It's a very historical area, encompassing The Southwest Museum, The Charles Lummis House, Judson Art Studios, the LAPD Historical Museum, the Metro Gold Line, Mr. T's Bowl and the soon-to-be-home of Chicken Boy, the Statue of Liberty of Los Angeles!
Mark your calendars! July 14th, 7-10pm, Future Studio, 5558 N Figueroa St, Highland Park, LA. Refreshments.....we're having refreshments!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12:17 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You're asking me to make plans for A MONTH in advance?! What do you think I am, NORMAL?!?!!!

Although it does sound like fun, and I love the area. . . Okay, my calendar's marked. But you better remind us!

 
At 1:11 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

I am so there! Congrats!

These works are beautiful, BTW :)

 
At 2:49 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Oh, I'm there! You had me at Angelino Heights! Funny, I was just hit on the head by a book falling off my hallway bookshelf--my facsimile copy of an old book of photos of the wonderful Victorians! I had bought it when my husband and I went to the AH weekend walkabout back in the '80s!

 
At 11:18 PM PDT, Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Wow. I love your work! How long will your stuff be at the gallery? I can't make it on Saturdays, otherwise I would love to be there for the opening.

 
At 9:18 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone! Painting and collage are my true love!

FERN: My work will be up at Future Studio for a month. This is not a regular art gallery. After the opening on 7/14, you have to call Amy or Stuart to find out when you can view the artwork. They are both very nice and accommodating. Call Future Studio at 323/254-4565 for an appointment. Future Studio is also the home of Chicken Boy. There's a gift shop with all sorts of cool stuff.

 
At 2:57 PM PDT, Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Cool. I will definitely call them up. Can't wait to see your stuff in person! :-)

 
At 9:12 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

If I didn't leave so far away I'd be there in a heart beat.

 
At 1:21 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I can't wait!

 
At 7:11 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Congrats on the show! You're on my calendar.

 
At 4:38 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I cannot believe that I am going to be out of town for your opening! Sucks. I hope you sell tons of your brilliant paintings and prints.

I need to do a studio visit with you and buy something direct from you. Always looking for more art for my walls.

 
At 12:37 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

moncler outlet
moncler
kobe byrant shoes
curry shoes
fear of god
supreme hoodie
jordan 1 mid
cheap jordans
fear of god clothing
kd shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery