Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Report

Crochet Car takes a shower
OK, so the Century Carwash was good, but not all it was cracked up to be in the Times article. It was kind of like a mini-mart in a big gas station. There were snacks, sodas, air fresheners for the car, car accessories, cigars, shirts, some jewelry, massage chairs, coffee, etc. They had a meager selection of greeting cards and there wasn't any yarn!The waiting area was nice, clean and shaded. There was overhead TV. The actual washing of the car turned out nicely. It only cost $8.99 for a wash, which is pretty good for this town. There were lots of limousines on their way to the nearby airport. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to take my car here again, but if I was in the area, I'd stop by for a wash.
Later on Saturday, Larry and I drove down to Laguna Beach. There was a reception and opening for a Rick Griffin retrospective at the Laguna Art Museum.It was a lovely event. They served dinner to invitees of In 'n Out burgers! Yum! This is a very nice, manageable museum. The show looked great and we saw lots of people we knew from the various worlds that Rick Griffin's art represented: Surfing, psychedelic music of the 60's and the low-brow art scene.
Waiting for Burgers

Murphy the Surfer by Rick Griffin
Surfboard Art by Rick Griffin
As we were walking back to our car after the Museum party, we walked past a few art galleries on the streets of Laguna. We saw Italian pottery and some beautiful paintings. I'd like to come back for a weekend visit after the summer rush.
On Sunday the family convened at my cousin Amie's new condo in Marina del Rey for brunch. My cousin creates jewelry. She's very talented. A splendid time was had by all.
Amie, at work
Larry and Amie's husband, Rob

Aunt Frances and Uncle Mort

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you your family. You seem to have such lovey events with them. And there are always new ones being introduced to us.

Thanks for sharing the warmth!

 
At 10:58 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The surf painting exhibit looks so cool. Thanks for sharing, Ellen!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:25 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Why does Murphy the surfer look so familiar to me? Hmmm. I'm gonna have to reflect on that (maybe its cuz I was a kid in Mission Viejo in the 70's?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery