Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Let out the clutch!

GrannyClutchFront
Felted Granny Square Clutch Purse

Clutch. So many meanings for one little word. Clutch is a rock band. Clutch is a car mechanism. Used as a verb, it means to grasp or hold. My favorite clutch is a purse/handbag. I'm sure there must be other meanings for this word!

GrannyClutchBack

Spring and summer seem to be the perfect times to let out your clutch bags. It's warmer. You don't want to be lugging around a heavy handbag/suitcase when you're wearing your little spring dress with barely-there sandals!

GrannyClutchInside

A few weeks ago I b-day gifted my friend, Darcy, with a felted granny square clutch bag. Darcy is a big fan of all things felted. Remember my motto: "Granny Squares are the building blocks to fashion." So true. Here, the versatile granny square (six) were crocheted with Noro Kureyon yarn, sewn together and then felted into a little clutch handbag. I also crocheted the lining of the bag with the same yarn, but in stripes. Eventually, I added a zipper to the top of the bag and a simple strap. The bag measures almost 12 inches long, about 4-1/2 inches high....perfect for your keys, money, phone and digi-cam. Let out your clutches NOW!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:33 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling bag! I love the idea of sewing granny squares together. The Noro certainly felted beautifully for this project! Congrads.

 
At 4:28 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

In sports, it's an adjective. Someone who can deliver under pressure is said to be "clutch."

I like yours best.

 
At 5:12 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

In my little car...it's been broken! (My mechanic wrote hard driver on the invoice, the nerve)
I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY CLUTCH!! It goes very well with all my jeans.
Thanks for the building blocks. ;)

 
At 6:16 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

What a super idea...I've not seen the granny squares felted! Love the look!

 
At 9:10 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Wow, when felted the granny squares take on a very different look. (To me anyway!) I really like the fabric it creates.

 
At 6:54 AM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

It's so cute! Love the colors too.

 
At 3:29 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Were your ears burning over the weekend? I was doing some knitting at a photo shoot, and OF COURSE a few women came over and said (almost embarrassedly!) that they used to crochet, and one guy was bragging about how his mama used to do "these cool squares and then sew 'em all up", and of course, I had to brag about my friend, the legendary Queen of the Granny Squares. This was particularly funny given that he's a rap artist. :)

 
At 4:23 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Big fan of the granny clutch! You rally have something there!

 
At 5:50 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice idea!!!wonderful hand-bag for women . Very beautiful to see. Wonderful, standard and fashionable . Preferable to all. Color and designs are perfect. nice combination . Hoping to have like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery