Friday, June 06, 2008

A Few More Rows

Knitted Shawl, Crocheted Border
I'm done with the knitting portion of my nostalgic red shawl. I'm currently crocheting a border...one I found in "50 Crocheted Afghan Borders" by Jean Leinhauser. I have about 3 more rounds to go, then I can block and wear the shawl! It's actually perfect shawl weather in L.A. right now...warm during the day, cool at night. I've decided that I really like a long narrow shawl versus a triangular one. I must make more!
Today is National Donut Day. Who knew? Too bad I forgot to stop at Bob's Donuts this morning at the Original Farmers Market to bring some treats for my co-workers. According to the L.A. Times, Bob's is rated #3 on their list of the top donut places in L.A. If you don't plan to scarf down a few sugar bombs today, I leave with a couple of pix of Bob's yummers...
Famous Kitty Doughnut
Bob's Party Doughnut

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:02 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Happy donut day!

First the granny square coat, now your nostalgic shawl...I'm having serious 70s flashbacks...like to the horizontally striped - in rust, yellow, purple and orange - jeans I used to roller skate in when I was living in NYC when I was 8. Man, I loved those pants. Anyhoo, can't wait to see your fashion shoot with your new/old shawl!

 
At 1:32 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

I found this flickr photo of knitted donuts (I'm sure there are many more):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katknits/222897969/

 
At 1:43 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

National Donut Day? You always give us the best info. Yummm! Have a great donut day, and may it be filled with lots of ooey gooey jelly or custard!

 
At 12:39 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Those donuts look sooooo good! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of you wearing your finished shawl. It's a great colour!

 
At 2:35 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that if you take the "D" from the front of "Dunkin" Donuts and move it to the end, you get "Unkind" Donuts?

(I can't take credit for that - watch the movie "Wordplay" about the NY Times crossword puzzle tournament.)

 
At 12:36 PM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

I'm so glad to hear that Stan's made the list. Otherwise, I would have been forced to write a strongly-worded letter to the author of that L.A. Times story. Though, in honor of Donut Day, I'm happy to report that I'll be going to VooDoo Donuts in the fall. Woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery