Friday, June 27, 2008

YarnSpiration

I just love this yarn. I have tons of it. I don't know what to do with it!
Sometimes, I like to just go into our studio, open up all of my bins o' yarn, take out forgotten tote bags full of old unfinished projects, pull down the rest of the shopping bags full of yarn and gaze at them for INSPIRATION. Yes, I know I have enough yarn to last me for the rest of my life and for the lives of all my knitster friends. I love my yarn and I'm not finished with it yet.
Needless to say, I won't be attending any of the end of summer yarn sales happening around L.A. this weekend. We do have lots of events planned though. Hope your's is great!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:52 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got some gorgeous stash there!

 
At 6:59 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh thanks, MX. Yes, this isn't ALL of my stash...just the "good stuff." Hahahahahahaha!

I figure I'm saving it up for when I retire and when my income is reduced!

 
At 7:01 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I think I spy some 100% virgin acrylic in your stash. One thing for sure, you are NOT a yarn snob! Good for you. I'm sure we'll be seeing many beautiful garments from all of this yarn in the coming years.

Maybe you should make another February Lady Sweater out of that red, green, purple, yellow yarn at the top of your post? Swatch it. I'll bet it will look great!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:10 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Like you Ellen, I'm a firm believer in the idea of stashing yarn for retirement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of forward planning. That's what I keep saying to myself every time I find myself buying more yarn ;)

Have a great weekend.
Claire

 
At 10:41 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took some time but I saw all of the yarn pictured. May favorite of the few shown that I have used is the sport weight Jaeger merino. Good picture of the vintage pink.

 
At 4:27 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

you have gobs of good stuff. gobs!
This slide show could really push some people in YA (Yarnaholics Anonymous) over the edge.

 
At 11:04 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Y'know, I have about, mebbe, one twenty-eighth of the amount of yarn you do, and I feel like I'll never use it all. I was going to go to The Yard Sale on Saturday - I was awake and everything!!!! - but then I looked through my stash for something, and realized, I don't have enough ROOM for more yarn, much less need. So I left it up to the dog - if she went outside before 9am, I would go to The Sale. If not, I'd go back to bed.

Boy, was that bed comfy cozy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery