Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Discoveries

When I'm walking vs. driving in my neighborhood, I always see more details. My little area is basically well-maintained and neat. I came across this interesting bush. I suppose the homeowner is trying to make some type of artistic statement. Not sure what that would be. Also, notice the bottom-heavy palm tree in the background. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The other night I was watching a documentary on TV called Dogtown and Z-Boys. It's former skateboarder Stacy Peralta's film about growing up with the skateboarders of the Zephyr Shop in Venice Beach, California in the 1970's. I had seen the film before, as well as the theatrical version of this story, The Lords of Dogtown. Being a native Angelina, I've always been fascinated with skateboard and surfer culture. So, when I was walking the other morning I went a little further so I could go by Tony Alva's skateboard shop. It's close-by on So. Fairfax at Whitworth Ave. It's funny that Tony would open a shop so far from the beach (at least 10 miles), but I suppose rents are higher in Venice and Santa Monica. I took a few snaps.

Alva Skateboard Shop, 1086 So. Fairfax Ave., LA

It's kinda' cool to have such a legend in my neighborhood.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so rad, man.

Glynnis
Mar Vista

 
At 3:12 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

It's a gum drop tree! I love gum drop trees.

 
At 7:08 PM PDT, Blogger Sally said...

you may need to start a tree trimming blog-- another great picture here. weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery