Monday, August 18, 2008

Downtown on Saturday

Gorgeous Fabric Selection @ Michael Levine's
This past Saturday I planned on going to the SnB at the HomeGirl Cafe. My friend, Molly said she'd never been to Michael Levine's Fabric Shop, also located in Downtown Los Angeles. Since I was on the hunt for some buttons, I told Molly I'd meet her at Levine's before going over to the HomeGirl for a late lunch and knitting and crocheting. Of course, it was crowded, hot and difficult to find parking, but Molly and I managed to meet inside the store.
I hadn't been to Levine's in about a year. I'm always amazed at the excellent fabric selection and prices found in this store. Levine's also carries YARN. They have a good yarn selection, but there aren't any discounts. I found a button for Mom's FLS and a new metal needle sizing template. Molly was looking for several things and was quite successful. We walked across the street to Levine's upholstery shop and oogled some of the fabrics....gorgeous!
It was such a relief to walk into the AIR-CONDITIONED HomeGirl Cafe and meet up with the SnB ladies after the hot, busy streets of the Fashion District. Seven of us showed up, in addition to an out-of-town visitor, Cara. Again, the wonder of Ravelry helped Cara find us. She was in town on business from San Francisco. It's always great meeting stitchers from other towns! If you are from out of town, be sure to seek us out when you come to Los Angeles!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:47 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great, Ellen that you travel ALL over your city to see and do things! So many of my friends just stay in their own little neighborhoods and never experience their own home towns.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ELLEN!!

What is that crazy hat on your head! Hahahahaha! You're such a character!

Mae
Westwood

 
At 4:52 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh Mae...I was just fooling around. It's really a purse. This was before I felted it. I'll probably post about it tomorrow.

 
At 12:12 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I want to visit Michael Levine's Fabric Shop after seeing that lovely photo!! I'm about to go hunting for buttons today to put on my Feb Lady Sweater. I hope I'm successful!

 
At 3:15 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Michael Levine's = Heaven.

Looks like you had a good time knitting!

 
At 4:48 AM PST, Anonymous a+ cbt training said...

oh what pretty pretty fabrics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery