Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Scarf-a-rama-a-go-go

Oh yeah, it's scarf-givin'-time again! The easiest and most-loved gift for friends of yarnies are scarves. I believe that one person can never have too many scarves. This year I decided to abbreviate the long scarf into a Scarflette. Who needs all those long ends flapping around and getting stuck in elevator doors? The loose weave of the scarf with the added button makes this scarflette adjustable! I crocheted a few of these babies for some co-workers.

Crocheted Scarflettes

About a week ago I came upon the Bainbridge Scarf via Ravelry. Yes! Another quick to knit or crochet item for gift-giving. I've made a few of these so far and given them as birthday gifts. They have been very well received. I cruised the Ravelry archives for the leaf-tie version, pictured below.

Crocheted and Knitted Bainbridge Scarves

Only a few more scarves to go......Have you finished your holiday projects yet?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:50 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Ellen! All of those scarves are great! Thanks for posting about the Bainbridge Scarf. I'm going to make a few for gifts too!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 5:45 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

The "elevator doors" comment does make me wonder if there's a story there!

I've decided to jump on the scarflette/cowl/neck sock bandwagon for a present and for myself. And I am almost done with the holiday knitting but I might have trouble getting decent buttons without a quick trip to the mainland. Eeek!

 
At 12:48 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Your scarves and -lettes are so colorful.

I feel buried under my projects and am a little behind. Guests are coming this weekend and that means cleaning up my crafting holding area aka the guest room. I guess I have to start working some magic in that room tomorrow. Sewing will have to resume on Sunday. Bah!

 
At 3:24 PM PST, Blogger Christy T said...

not even close to finishing!!! love these :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery