Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Party Day

Birthday Brunch @ Brit's

Sunday was party day. I started off with a beautiful brunch at Brit's house in Franklin Hills to celebrate her birthday. Brit's friend, Denise catered the brunch...it was totally divine! Her friend, Debra made a beautiful and delicious birthday cake. There were presents, food, laughter, wonderful people and the rain even stopped for a bit. It was a fun party! There are more photos here.

While Brit's party was still goin' on, I had to zoom over to Atwater for a MadHatter's Tea Party at Claire's and Tom's house.
Claire
Tom
This was an interesting party. Of course, there was tea, cake, cookies, champagne and caviar. We all wore hats. Even though it's winter, I wore my flowered bucket hat. It was well-received.
The hat above, owned by Claire, is made from plastic "straw." The flowers on top are made from recycled plastic bags! I love this hat!
During the party, we all switched around hats. I must say, it was quite a photo opportunity. My favorite hat of the day was this felted hat, part of Tom's and Claire's hat collection, modeled by Larry:

All in all, it was a fun, but exhausting day! How was your weekend?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:19 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brit's house looks really nice.

Some of those hats are too funny!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 5:04 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so much fun! and your pictures make EVERYTHING look good. even a bathroom!
xx,b.

 
At 11:10 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry's hat is hilarious! I want to felt one just like it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Eileen
Palms

 
At 4:21 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Hah! Hat Modeled by Larry looks like it has jalepeƱos sticking out of it!

 
At 9:35 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Please pass along my birthday wishes to Brit!

My weekend was spent in home improvement hell. (We're trying to find roman shades for our office and bedroom.) Yours looks like it was MUCH more fun!

 
At 3:55 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a pattern for the crown hat? I have a sister that would love it. She is currently in Africa with the state department. My email address is: davisvalorie@yahoo.com.
Love the hats!

 
At 5:10 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ellen-

Looks like you are having so much fun being creative. Bravo!!!

Just want to share what my young art students are doing in Chicago.

http://ecogreen4fun.blogspot.com/

Cheers- Neko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery