Friday, March 06, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Yes, I'm a copy-catter. Natalie, Sara, Annika and a few others have posted vintage photos on Fridays. I really like the idea.
Below is a photo of my brother, Ken. I'm assuming that Ken's around 6 years old in this picture. That would make the year about 1951. We lived in a house that my Dad designed on Castle Heights Avenue in the Beverlywood section of West Los Angeles. I was two when we moved away, so I don't remember living there. I drive by often though, so I know that the house is still there, still looking cool, modern and not like the other tract houses on the block.

I love how my Mom rolled up Ken's jeans. Those are the biggest cuffs I've ever seen! I guess she wasn't into sewing in those days. It looks like my brother is holding some sort of toy banjo. It turns out that music became his life. Even after law school, Ken decided that he wanted to pursue a career in music. He now lives in North Carolina with his wife, Ginny. Ken builds guitars, dulcimers and other stringed instruments. He's released several CDs; teaches and performs all over the country and is living the life he's always wanted.

Here's a fairly recent photo of Ken, playing the dulcimer at a festival, dressed in vintage clothing. Yeah, he's a character!


Happy Weekend, everyone!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Aside from the mustache, he hasn't changed much!

 
At 12:18 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those giant cuffs and think they'd look great with my boots, so I just may copy your brother's style :)

 
At 2:14 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Your brother is so cute from his giant cuffs to his fabatstic socks!

Play on!

 
At 4:29 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed your links and listened to the beautiful music. Thank you SO much for sharing. Your brother has a new fan and I MUST have a CD now.
Thanks again!!

 
At 12:10 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:53 AM PST, Blogger justclaire said...

Vintage Photo Friday is such a fun idea! As I'm also a big ole copy cat, I'll probably be doing the same on my blog next Friday :)

Love the pics of your brother!

 
At 7:01 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hoot!!!I mean funny. Give cousin Kenny mine and Laurie's love.

Congratulations on your's and Larry's anniversary.

your blog is very entertainng.


Your cousin Jan/Cleo

http://www.myspace.com/cleosalesantiques

 
At 11:50 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of want to be Ken's Facebook friend!
Glad you are playing along with Vintage Photo Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery