Monday, October 12, 2009

Yarnyness

I really didn't buy all that MUCH yarn on our visit to the Taos Wool Festival. I stocked up on DK weight wool from Plain & Fancy wool from Henderson, Texas. Their yarns are amazing....so beautifully dyed! I have about 5 sweater's worth here and then a few various skeins for scarves, hats, etc. The orange super skeins are weaving wool from Weaving Southwest in Taos.

Getting away from 100% wool for a minute, here's my 100% virgin acrylic Granny Babette Blanket, ALMOST FINISHED! Last night, after taking this photo, I finished the top section and started a simple border. I should be finished with it tonight. I just love it! I'm so glad that the weather is cooler so I can use it. Thank you, Alaskan Purl, for the inspiration and pattern!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:45 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Your Babette is beautiful. I'm so inspired.

In other news, my office neighbor just got a ukulele and has been serenading me all day. Now I must have one.

 
At 4:21 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I really did enjoy the beautiful yarns that you brought back, sooooo soft! The new blanket is vibrant, and looks like fun to make.

 
At 7:41 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

The blanket looks AMAZING! I can't wait to see the final product. What fun colors!

 
At 6:45 AM PDT, Blogger Faith said...

Ellen, the blanket is just freaking gorgeous!!! Love it!

 
At 8:07 AM PDT, Blogger Annette said...

Your Babette is beautiful! I love the cheery colors. :)

 
At 2:00 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Zee Babette. Chee eez beeyoooteefool. And I am loving that blue cardigan!

 
At 7:51 PM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

Is this crochetted? I might could do that! Haven't for a long time, but think I could possibly remember! I love the patchwork look.

 
At 7:03 PM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

I admire your restraint in buying only a "little" yarn!

 
At 1:38 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

OMG! Your Babette is almost done. It has turned out so gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery