Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day of Thanks

One knitted, one crocheted red scarf

On this day of Thanksgiving I wanted to let you all know that the Orphans Foundation of America needs MORE RED SCARVES! I completed two red scarves to donate to this worthy cause. From the website: In 2005, OFA launched a unique initiative to warm the hearts (and necks) of college-bound foster youth. We began taking donations of handmade red scarves to put into our Valentine's Day Care Packages.
Well, the OFA is short for this year's batch o' scarves! I know what I'm doing today....making another red scarf!! The deadline is December 15th. You can mail your scarves here:
Orphan Foundation of America
The Red Scarf Project
21351 Gentry Drive
Sterling, VA 20166

There are other ways to donate to the OFA if you do not knit or crochet. Check out the website AGAIN!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends. Have a wonderful day....try to help someone not as fortunate as we are.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am about a third of the way done on my red scarf.

Have a fab day!

 
At 9:01 AM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great day. I was so happy to have finished this scarf.

 
At 12:28 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

I've got one scarf done and ready to go but I'm going to see if I can squeak out another one before the deadline! Really depends on being able to find some gender-neutral colored yarn in a heavy enough weight. Time to toss the stash!

 
At 10:32 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Alright, I'm in. Got my red I Love This Yarn yarn today.

Thanks for spreading the news, Ellen!

 
At 4:37 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Got my scarf done. Alls I need to do is get off my duff and mail it in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery