Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Too Many Patterns, Too Little Time

One of my gifties over the holidays was "Whimisical Little Knits -2" by Ysolda Teague, given to me by Natalie. I received so many wonderful gifts during the season....in fact, I'm wearing some of my gifts right now!

Purse by Mary Jo, Scarf by Lori, Necklace by Darcy,

Champagne by Brit


I'm particularly intrigued by Ysolda's Scroll Lace Scarf. The detail is just lovely.

Ysolda Teague's Scroll Lace Scarf

THEN, I picked up a couple of crochet magazines yesterday. There are tons of patterns I want to try. "Mr. and Mrs. Robot" by Christen Haden in the January/February 2010 issue of "Crochet Today!" would be cute for a Valentine's Day gift.

The "Après-Ski Sweater" by my crochet idol, Melissa Leapman looks cozy, using the griddle stitch.

The "Bubble Bag" by Tracy St. John in the Winter 2009 "Interweave Crochet" magazine looks fantastic....right up my alley!

I love that this bag is crocheted with motifs and then felted. The construction is very interesting.

I'm definitely starting a crochet-a-long with a few pals this weekend or next of Doris Chan's "Lacy Top Cardigan" (Ravelry pattern link). I've experienced a bit of consusion following Doris' patterns, but I figured, if we put 3 or 4 heads together, we'll be able to figure it out.

Of course, I have a few unfinished objects in my totebags that need some attention, but it's a new year and time for new projects! Which new patterns are you going to try this year?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:32 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Why do the robots remind me of you and Mr. Larry?!

 
At 5:57 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friends know you so well, those are all the perfect "Ellen" colors! I love the purse, so pretty - and is the scarf woven? Very pretty.

Happy New Year!

 
At 6:14 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

I got the Whimsical Little Knits -2 too! I'm just finishing up the Veyla fingerless gloves...just need to sew the buttons on. I definitely need to plan on some new knitting for the new year!

 
At 7:23 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

The Bubble bag is so you, the colors are vibrant and reminds me of this blog's author.

 
At 2:11 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cardigan is so cute! I followed links and ended up on Doris Chan's blog, where she has a post about problems with the pattern.
Maybe that will help you?

http://doriseverydaycrochet.blogspot.com/2009/08/pattern-extra-lacy-top-cardi.html

Christine G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery