Friday, February 19, 2010

Vintage Photo Friday

Found this retro-looking brochure online. It's only from 1999, by Glen Mullaly, but it looks like an old Archie Comic Book illustration! I've been watching the winter Olympics along with everyone else The ice skaters are really inspiring!
There's another sort of Olympics going on right now in the knitting and crochet community. It's called the Ravelympics on the internet group called Ravelry. I haven't joined in the fun, but many of my friends have! There are all sorts of organized events you can enter into. There are sweater competitions, other items of clothing. There's a WIP finishing competition....finish up all of your Works In Progress in just 17 days. There are many off-shoot groups online participating and comparing their progress as they watch the Winter Olympics. It has been fun being on the sidelines and watching the fun.
In honor of all of you Ravelympic Participants out there, above is a group of bracelets made from old plastic knitting needles. I love that they resemble Olympic rings! Go Teams! Have a successful yarny weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:19 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever way to use those needles! No vintage photos here. I need to do some digging to see if I have any that I have not scanned yet. For some reason my scanner doesn't like black and white!

 
At 4:28 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

love the poster. Very Veronica.

And I am loving the Olympics. Not the ravelympics so much.

 
At 9:47 AM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Very cool knitting needle bracelets. I love the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery