Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Crochet for the Cure

There are still a few days to knit and/or crochet for Susan G. Komen's Foundation, "Knit for the Cure." You can read about it here.
I try to donate at least one scarf every year. My closest drop-off shop is Wild Fiber in Santa Monica.
This year, I used some Cascade 220 Superwash Wool in Bubblegum Pink (#901) and crocheted a short scarf using this openwork and lace crochet pattern. I really like the pattern and will be using it again on other pieces.

You can make any small item...a hat, scarf, cowl, hand-warmers, gloves, mittens, headband...anything. All profits from sales will benefit breast cancer research.

10 Comments:

At 12:33 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

I love this!!! Beautiful color and pattern, Ellen.

 
At 12:45 PM PST, Blogger lenny said...

hey ellen.. trying to reach you via email... I know you have mine.. can't find yours.. pressing question regarding crocheting button bands... only you can help me! Hope all is well... so enjoy your blog..
nancy lenehan

 
At 2:45 PM PST, Blogger Enid said...

gorgeous pattern and colour. thought I might do my grand niece a cardigan with it, so looked at pattern, but I don't have any idea how to follow the chart. :(( any clues?

 
At 2:50 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Enid,
Following a chart is easy once you know what each symbol stands for.
The little circles are chain stitches, the longer lines with cross-hatches are double crochet stitches and the X's are single crochet stitches. The lines with arrows along the "diamond" sections show the direction you should be crocheting. Give it a try!

 
At 11:49 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this pattern. Is it true what they say...it's like riding a bicycle...and you never forget how?
I have not crochetted in years! I think I just need to try again.

 
At 10:22 AM PST, Blogger Enid said...

thanks for replying, Ellen. when current projects are finished , I shall give it a go.
xx

 
At 4:42 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello I'm make gifts for the fall and love this pattern I click on it can I send it to me

 
At 4:44 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry I would like to have a copy its great !

 
At 4:45 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

It's the 9th pattern on this page: http://www.mypicot.com/beta/crochet_patterns_openwork_lace.html

 
At 8:53 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you printed the chart how many chains ?to start I will make scarfs and blanket to donate my mom passed in April Cancer crocheting helps God Bless All !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery