Monday, May 24, 2010

The Book

Joan Tapper and Gale Zucker are working on a new book together. The subject matter is CRAFT. There are many chapters in this upcoming book, some about needle-arts with patterns, some about fine art and the way modern technology has affected our relationship with age-old hand-crafts.
I was lucky to be chosen as a subject for one of the chapters. My chapter is all about crocheted granny squares, my art influences and my history with knit and crochet.

Gale, Bauer Pottery Showroom, Los Angeles

Gale Zucker was in L.A. a few weeks ago and photographed me and my crochet work extensively for the book. Joan Tapper visited this past Saturday to interview me. We had a good visit. Who doesn't like talking about themselves for two hours? I've also written two patterns for the book. I can't wait to see how Gale photographs the completed items.

Ellen, Joan, in the Granny Square Suite, Los Angeles

The book doesn't come out until next year (Potter Craft, The Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House), but I'm really looking forward to seeing a few of the photos and a draft of my interview! It's very exciting to be included in this book. I have Ravelry to thank for "introducing" me to Gale and Joan. The worldwide yarny community is easily accessible to all of us now. The opportunites are infinite. Thank you 21st century!

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:01 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Looking forward to the book. Of course they included you--how could they NOT feature the Crochet Queen?

 
At 4:06 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Well it is only appropriate that the biggest advocate of the granny square would be in the book! With patterns!!! I love Joan and Gale's last book so I expect only great things with the new one.

 
At 8:14 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

Congratulations!

 
At 9:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

How exciting for you! Congrats congrats!

 
At 4:37 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I'm buying this book just to have your section! Congrats, Ellen! I'm so glad they have the good sense to include the greatest crochet advocate I know!

 
At 4:43 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

"Crochet Advocate"

That's it! My new title!!!

 
At 6:54 PM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

I can't wait until the book comes out!

 
At 8:34 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm thinking Crochet Empress . Neve rmind thanking the 21st century, thank you Ellen for being such a great subject and wonderful host for my first ever visit to LA. I look a little dazed at Bauer but I was having such a fun day.

 
At 9:46 AM PDT, Blogger Terri said...

Trippin' light fantastic!

 
At 5:01 PM PDT, Blogger jafabrit said...

Gale shared a little about your project when she came to yellow springs to do a photo shoot. I love granny squares and can't wait to see your section in the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery