Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jacaranda Trees

South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles
Oh...what a beautiful time of year in Los Angeles! Many of our streets are lined with Jacaranda trees. Their purple flowers are beautiful overhead!

Larry and our jacaranda tree

When I moved into our neighborhood, almost 20 years ago, many of our neighbors wanted to plant trees on our parkway. We have the widest street in Wilshire Vista...we consider it the center of our neighborhood. Since jacaranda trees are fast-growing, that's what we decided to plant. Many of our trees are now tall and full of flowers. Welcome, Spring!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love those jacaranda trees. They are like purple clouds.

 
At 5:54 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Love them when the purple is in the tree. (Not so much when the start shedding.) I'll have to drive by and wave!

 
At 9:23 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the purple trees! The jacaranda trees were new to me when I moved to LA.

 
At 7:36 AM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

I too love this time of year with all the purple flowers.

 
At 8:34 AM PDT, Anonymous Malinda Lloyd said...

I love these trees!! I hate to admit it but it's true - I've never taken the time to figure out what kind of tree they were though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery