Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Meals Around Los Angeles

I've been remiss in reporting on a few of the restaurants we've visited during the past month. I thought I'd share a few foodie photos with you today.

Pad Thai @ Chao Krung

Greek Chicken Plate @ Dino's Burgers

Wiener Schnitzel mit Spaetzle, Sauerkraut @ Edelweiss

Broiled Feta Cheese & Tomatoes w/ Olive Oil @ Papa Cristo's
We try to avoid going to restaurants on the weekends, but almost always go out to dinner on Wednesday nights. Where shall we go tonight? Any ideas for a reasonable place where the parking is easy.....in Los Angeles?

Chao Krung, 111 North Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036, (323) 939-8361
Chalet Edelweiss, 8740 South Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045, (310) 645-8740
Dino's Burgers, 2575 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90006, (213) 380-3554

Papa Cristo's, 2771 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90006, (323) 737-2970

7 Comments:

At 2:04 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oh my God, I totally want spaetzle now. That looks so good. And the broiled feta? I didn't know they had that at Papa Cristo's.

As for tonight's dinner, I have no suggestions except "take pictures."

 
At 2:45 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Oh YUM! Everything looks so good.

Joe and I recently ate at Hatfield's on Melrose. They serve spaetzle with their steak and it is to die for buttery goodness...but it comes with a high price and reservations are recommended. We walked in on Sunday and ate at the bar.

Have you tried Pinches Tacos on Sunset? They make the best carne asada burrito. Usually, I don't go for the red meat, but they make the best carne asada around these parts. It's affordable and you dine al fresco on Sunset Blvd.

 
At 3:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a plate of everything but the tomatoes...I don't do tomatoes!

 
At 4:08 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always liked La Serenata on Pico!

Yum, have fun wherever you end up.

~Christine g.

 
At 4:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.laserenataonline.com/westla/index.html
Tonight's Enchilada Night!!

cg

 
At 6:16 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a little girl and growing up in LA my family used to go to a Mexican restaurant called El Cholo's. This is years ago (I just turned 60). I think they are still there. I'm wondering if it's still good. (Or was it ever good?? Like I said- it was 50+ years ago.) Just curious. I live near DC now and love reading your blog about my home city.
Linda in DC

 
At 8:10 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Linda!
Thanks for the blog compliments.
Yes, indeed, El Cholo is still on Western Avenue in L.A., with branches in Santa Monica and Pasadena. they still make an excellent Margarita and a yummy green corn tamale. It's such a popular place though that you have to hit it during the off hours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery