Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pasta Monday

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Angeli Caffe's chef and owner, Evan Kleinman. I'm on the mailing list. The first paragraph hooked me. Evan was talking to ME!!!
It’s August. You don’t want to cook but you don’t want to go out and you’re sick of food in a box. So keep your beat-up yard work clothes on and roll on in for a meal of no decisions and contentment. And did I say at a silly price? $10. no reservations, no discounts, no credit cards.
Larry and I zoomed over to Angeli Caffe right after work. We arrived just before 7pm, early enough to beat the crowds. The only decision we had to make was what beverage to order. The wait people proceeded to lavish food upon usFirst they brought a loaf of Angeli's divine bread with fresh olive oil. Then we had an appetizer of ricotta tart, salami, olives and the sweetest figs I've ever tasted. Next up a delicious salad topped with strawberries, peaches and goat cheese, The main course was 3 different types of pasta: penne puttanesca with a spicy sauce, linguine with shrimp in heirloom sauce and risotto with corn. Everything was delicious. You could have as many helpings of pasta as you wanted...the waiters came around with big serving bowls.
Of course, the highlight of the evening was when Chef Evan, herself, stopped by the table to see how everyone liked their dinner. I'd never met her before, but I've been a fan of her radio show, "Good Food" for a long time. Evan was charming and is apparently a knitter! She asked about my February Lady Sweater that I was wearing on this chilly evening. Maybe I can coax her to attend one of our many Stitch 'n Bitch meet-ups?!
Chef, Evan Kleinman with Photographer, Larry Underhill

Get on Evan's mailing list NOW so you too can take advantage of these special dinners at Angeli Caffe!

7274 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323) 936-9086

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:06 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Oh man that looks good. Haven't been to her restaurant in ages - looks like a good reason to return.

 
At 1:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh, I would love if she came to a meeting. She's commented on a couple of my FB photos, including some wristies I made. !!!

Nat and I went to lunch last year, hoping to see her and give her some wristies...but alas, she was not there.

Christine G.

 
At 2:49 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Her bread is pure heaven to me!!

 
At 4:35 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

She and Mr. Larry are eyeglass twins (sort of).

My, that food looks good!

 
At 5:11 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

How can you eat anywhere else after that $10 deal?
Wow!

 
At 5:17 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hah! Lisa R-R, you are so right! Larry and I normally eat at lower priced venues anyway, this was an unexpected treat!

 
At 6:35 PM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

Ellen, that is an awesome deal! I'm off to sign up...

 
At 1:52 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That is awesome! And looks like a tasty meal too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery