Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rainy Days & Hot Pink!

It's misting and raining a bit in Los Angeles. We're due for a big storm, but we'll see.if that really happens. Most often, storms from Northern California blow out to sea and bypass our fair City. I'm not a "love-the-rain" person, but I don't mind this light drizzle. It's not too cold and the freshness in the air is envigorating.
PinkGrannyCardi 02
To contrast all the gray skies, I'm wearing my new hot pink crocheted duster! I whipped this up in a few evenings, using the Granny Cardigan pattern as a basis. I added my current fave crocheted edging to the hem and the sleeves. I used a size "L" hook and Newton's Country Superwash Sock Yarn purchased at last year's Torrance Weaving and Fiber Festival. It's quite cheery, don't you think so?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:51 PM PDT, Blogger hooksandyarns said...

I absolutely love it - great color. :)

 
At 2:55 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

It's beautiful Ellen! The color looks great on you! :)

 
At 6:06 PM PDT, Blogger Barbara said...

It is fabulous!

 
At 6:12 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Gorgeous color and very flattering on you. I love this fresh air, it is encouraging me to be more active. I just started to use my spindle and will be going to the Spinning guild this Saturday! Woo hoo hope to be producing some of my own yarn soon.

 
At 9:31 AM PDT, Blogger Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. And I'm so impressed you did this in a few evenings. It would take me a few months.

 
At 5:03 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

So *very* pretty on you!

I hate the drizzle. I'm ready to rip my eyeballs out and slit my throat. Seriously. Mebbe I need a nice, bright pink granny-square cardi to cheer me up (hint, hint!)

 
At 4:35 PM PDT, Anonymous TStone said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery