Wednesday, March 14, 2012

E's 60th Anniversary

Queen Elizabeth II, 1952 (the year of her coronation)

2012 is Queen Elizabeth's 60th anniversary as the reigning British monarch. This is definitely an example of job longevity. You can read about her life here.
Last month, we were at The Tudor House Tea Room in Santa Monica. They have a little shop connected to the Tea Room. China commemorating the Queen's 60th anniversary were prominently displayed. I'm not that big a fan of the British monarchy, but I cannot get those dainty mugs out of my mind!!!

Queenly China

I want one! Liz and I are both celebrating this 60th year thang. Yes, I said it. I'm going to be the "S" word in July. Sigh. I need some cheering up. I might just run over to the Tudor today and buy a commemorative cup! It will look veddy proper sitting on my desk for afternoon tea time.

The Queen's Official Flag
We have the same first initial!

Queen Elizabeth, 2012
Did that glitzy crown!

ADDENDUM - 2:44 pm
Bought my fancy cup. Queenie and I are now enjoying a lovely cup o' green tea. The cup is MINE. I have emblazoned it with my signature lipstick smudge!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM PDT, Blogger Julie said...

I think you should buy it, since the two of you love and look great in all kinds of chapeaux.

 
At 3:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Ellen/Elizabeth, it works!!

Do you think she drinks green tea??

 
At 10:22 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same initial, and you both look great in headbands!

Cheers,
Christine G.

 
At 11:01 AM PDT, Blogger Janel Laidman said...

Oh, I'm jealous, I want a queenie teacup for my afternoon tea! I don't think we have any proper tea rooms in this town....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery