Thursday, April 03, 2014

3rd Crawl is the Charm


Huh?  What is Ellen talking about?  The 3rd Crawl?  YES!  Today starts the 3rd L.A. County Yarn Crawl!  Here's what the official press release says, "From April 3rd-6th crawlers are invited to shop for the latest yarns, enjoy special events, demonstrations, guest designers and bond over their love for it all. Each participating yarn shop will be giving away an amazing gift basket stuffed with yarn, books, accessories and goodies, valued at over $500 for crawlers who get their passports stamped.  Don’t miss this celebration of knit, crochet and yarn!"
Last year I didn't really participate.  I checked out the YarnOver Truck and one yarn shop in Santa Monica on my way to my usual Fairview Knitters Group.  The year before I crawled for one day with Meri, Stephanie and Diane.

2013 Yarn Crawl.  Barbara @ the YarnOver Truck, Santa Monica
2012 Yarn Crawl.  Stephanie, Meri & Brenda @ L'Atelier, Redondo Beach

This year, since I own enough yarn to open up my own shop, I've decided to limit my purchases and cover the event photographically.  I'll be posting photos to Instagram, using the hashtag #yarncrawlla.  I'm also the Friday navigator for Laurie-Ann's Yarn Caravan.  We're covering yarn shops in Atwater Village, Montrose, Pasadena, San Marino, Glendora, Claremont and downtown L.A.  Phew!  We'll be putting some miles on the YarnMobile!  Of course, we'll be stopping off for snacks along the way.  I've insisted we stop at The Donut Man in Glendora.  This is just the time of year for FRESH STRAWBERRY donuts!  
The Donut Man's Fresh Strawberry Donut.  It's seasonal.

I'm thinking we'll probably be in San Marino, Glendora or maybe even Claremont for lunch.  There are numerous restaurant possibilities.  We don't want to take too long for lunch though, it might take time away from yarn drooling. 
I have other things to do on Saturday, but I might drop over to my local yarn shop, The Knitting Tree in Culver City to observe the festivities.  On Sunday, I hope to meet up with Laurie-Ann and the YarnMobile Crawlers in the San Fernando Valley.  L.A. County has a LOT of yarn.  We're so lucky.
It's really fun to hang out with like-minded people for a day of texture, color and surprises!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Donut Man is great for a snack, and if you want a good lunch try Flappy Jack's on Route 66--it's about a mile or so west of Donut Man and Purlwise! Lots of other possibilities out this way, too. Yes, I'm in Glendora now--what was the clue? Lol! The size of my stash says I can't crawl this year...sob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery