Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Louisiana


Woo Hoo, Yeah, you right!  Larry and I are headed to Louisiana early tomorrow morning to enjoy a bit of Jazz Fest, meet up with old friends and relatives, listen to fantastic music and sample some fine cuisine.  THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL NEIGHBORS FOR KEEPING A WATCH OVER THE OL' HOMESTEAD!
We're recreating our 1990 trip when we met each other.  I was working as Billy Vera's board operator on his KCRW-FM radio show.  Chuck Taggart's show, "Gumbo YaYa" was right after our show.  I got bit by the Louisiana music bug listening to Chuck's show.  He suggested I go to Jazz Fest and take Nancy Covey's tour that included a weekend at Jazz  Fest in New Orleans and a music-oriented tour to Cajun Country.  Thank you, Chuck.  I met Larry through a bunch of Los Angeles folks attending the Festival.  Going to Louisiana changed my life.  
We'll be in New Orleans, staying at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in the French Quarter for 4 nights.
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
We plan on seeing many friends and hearing a ton o' fantastic music at Jazz Fest and beyond!
Map to the Stages at the Fair Grounds for Jazz Fest
On Monday, we head to Cajun Country with the rest of our group to tour the Acadian cities of Eunice, Erath, Lafayette and beyond.  I look forward to hearing Marc and Ann Savoy's beautiful music at their Crawfish Boil and dance.  We also will be visiting Zydeco musician Geno Delafose at his home for a BBQ and dance.  Swinging over to visit the Cajun Hank Williams, D.L. Menard in Erath.  In Lafayette we'll be visiting Chef Patrick Mould's restaurant for a cooking lesson, lunch and a bit of music provided by Michael Doucet.  We head back to New Orleans for one more day and then it's back to the other LA.
Bon Ton Roulet, my friends!  I hope to post a few photos from the road.
Crawfish Boil with corn and 'taters

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:10 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

what a great trip plan--music, food and dancing. perfect.

 
At 1:44 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live 4 hours from NOLA, and never been to the music fest. Kinda wish I was going this year because I might, just might run into the fab Ellen!! Have fun guys. And don't drink the test-tube shots, they're only koolaid and a waste of your $. I'm a tee-totaler pretty much, so I'm a light weight, I had 10 of them and never got a buzz. Watchout for the freaks, they tend to come out at night down there. :)

 
At 3:26 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip!!! I close my eyes and I can taste...Begniets...Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce...Yum Yum

 
At 3:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the comments, friends! I can't wait to get back to Louisiana!

 
At 3:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the comments, friends! I can't wait to get back to Louisiana!

 
At 4:42 PM PDT, Blogger Julie said...

Your travel plans are inspiring! I can't wait for your recap and photos.

 
At 1:35 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Sent a comment on FB,also a text and now this.Trying to cover all bases.Can we get together for dinner Saturday evening?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery