Friday, July 11, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday

Roxbury Park, Beverly Hills, 1957

I've been doing a bit of re-arranging at home.  I've unearthed a few old photo albums.  I came across this photo from 1957 of my brother, Ken  playing his plastic Mickey Mouse guitar at Roxbury Memorial Park.  It must have been Ken's birthday or some other family event.  We would often celebrate at the Park.  It was like our backyard.  We lived a block east of the Park on Bedford Drive.  Also pictured are the men on my Dad's side of the family:  Uncle Hi, Ken, Uncle Mort, Great Uncle Morris and Grandpa Lawrence. I'm sure my Dad, George, took the photo.  Sorry for that fold across the photo!
No doubt, the guitar was a recent gift to Kenny.  I do love his super white high-top tennis shoes sitting on the grass and his calypso straw hat.  We shall call him "Calypso Ken" from now on.

The "Mousegetar" that is really a big ukulele!

One more Roxbury Park photo from 1956.  Looks like Ken is holding a camera.  I'm in a rather fancy party dress.  Ken is wearing his Balboa blue yachting outfit with a striped t-shirt.  Who knows what event we were headed to?  The photo is grainy (sorry) and we can see the tennis courts in the background. 

Roxbury Park, Beverly Hills, 1956

I'm on staycation next week.  I may just spend some quality time at my beloved Roxbury Park!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM PDT, Blogger ES said...

The staycation sounds good, it'll give you a chance to crochet up a storm!!

 
At 10:26 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:28 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery