Friday, November 21, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday

I'm thinking about my cousin, Audra who is getting married this weekend.  Best of luck to you and Robi!  Weddings have changed in the last 40 years. They can be informal and a vacation for everyone involved.  Audra and Robi are having a destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico.  Most of their immediate family is attending.  I can't wait to see all of the photos.
My FIRST wedding was a formal affair, held at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles in 1974.  The wedding was held in the Venetian Room, which was all decked out in gold and olive green colors.  We added pink tablecloths.  The bridesmaids wore hot pink.  I had pale pink roses on my dress and in my veil.  Bernie Richards and his orchestra played for over 200 guests. It was a big deal, fancy-shmancy wedding and a day to remember.  Too bad the marriage only lasted four years.

Venetian Room, Ambassador Hotel, September 15, 1974


I do love this photo.  I'm laughing at something hilarious.  Left to right:  Cousin Janet, best friend Leah, Sister-in-law to be Harva and other best friend Michele.

I should have married Bernie!

This was six years after the assassination of presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy at the Ambassador Hotel.  Thankfully, the stigma had worn off a bit.  Most of my friends at the time were getting married at westside hotels, synagogues, churches or country clubs.  I wanted to be married in a historical landmark of my beloved home town of Los Angeles.  


This landmark is gone and that marriage is long forgotten.  NOW, I know what a happy marriage is all about.  I waited a long time to find my Prince Charming.  Larry was worth the wait.
Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles.  Demolished 2005

Have a wonderful pre-Thanksgiving weekend my friends.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery