Monday, March 02, 2015

Classic Advertising


On Saturday, I had to drive down to the Nissan dealership to tie up some loose ends regarding the purchase of my NEW CAR! On the way back home, I stopped at Pep Boys to buy a few auto accessories.
I was extremely happy to see Manny, Moe and Jack, larger than life greet me when I entered the store!

Manny, Moe and Jack at the DTLA Store

I did a little online research about the Pep Boys company. They've been in business since 1921! The business started in Philadelphia and has expanded across the U.S. and Puerto Rico over the years. A few of the principals have changed during the past decades. In 1990 Manny's cigar was removed, but their retro clothes and hairstyles are still intact.


I love vintage advertising. It's friendly. I always feel comfortable when I see a familiar sign or logo. Another one of my favorites is also a figure from the 1920's, Felix the Cat at Felix Chevrolet on Figueroa St., DTLA.  

I have yet to walk inside the dealership to see the "dancing" Felixes on wheels decorating the showroom.  One day.

"Dancing" Felix would look great next to Chicken Boy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery