Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Work In Progress (WIP)

Title, prompted by the V-Shaped Shawl


I have so many Works in Progress (WIPs), that it's not even funny. Many of these "hibernating" projects are really mistakes...not the correct yarn for a certain project; wrong size; lost interest in the stitch pattern or color. You know what I'm talking about.
Sometimes, I get inspired by a certain yarn. Ms. Natalie was clearing out her stash at the WeHo SnB last week. Brenda C. and I each took two skeins of this lovely Delicious Yarn called "Sweets Fingering." This prompted me to look through Brenda’s patterns on Ravelry. All of her patterns are knit. I’m more of a crocheter, but I really do like the shape of Brenda’s Molto Bella Shawl. Years ago, I used to make ponchos with a very similar construction…a V-Shape. The V-shape always reminds me of a PEACE sign….OR, the VICTORY sign!



I decided to copy this shape and size and crochet a shawl with Natalie’s beautiful yarn. I’m using a crochet stitch from the Provence Summer String Bag.




I’m crocheting random-sized color blocks for this shawl. I've added another similar yarn, for the borders and edging.  The third yarn is a skein of my friend, Drew’s yarn in a beautiful coral color. There is a pinky-coral dot of color in Natalie's grey yarn, so I think this will work out. I have LOTS of Drew’s Inappropriate Yarn in the "Tiki-Torch" colorway, enough for an edging and a lacy border. I like how my V-shaped shawl is turning out. The shawl is a perfect light weight for summer.


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM PDT, Blogger Leah said...

Perfect for the 4th of July

 
At 9:53 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yup! I'll be wearing my blue, gray and coral shawl as we watch fireworks from a rooftop in Studio City this July 4th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery