Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Missing U (kulele)



I miss playing my ukulele. Nothing in this world is preventing me from playing except my own laziness. Instead of endlessly crocheting and knitting while watching TV every night, I could be strumming aimlessly on my sweet little ukulele, honing my chops!

Batman plays the uke
Barbie plays the uke

For some reason, it seems that I never practice unless I have a ukulele event to attend. For this reason, it's always good to be registered in uke classes or a workshop. I haven't really played since last Christmas! I'm guessing my yarny motivation is stronger than my musical motivation.

Knit Chart for Ukulele Intarsia Pattern

When summertime rolls around it makes me think of the beach, the ocean and playing my uke.

I must get back into the uke habit!  Hey! Ukulele Ladies!  Let's get together and JAM!
Natalie, Mary Jo and Brit

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:49 AM PDT, Blogger ken bloom said...

I always have an instrument out and handy so that I can take advantage of any lull to get some playing in. I have my bowed dulcimer and guitar sitting on stands right next to the computer so I can play while things load or while I'm reading e-mail. Works for me. Try it!

 
At 7:32 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

An excellent idea, Ken! I will give it a try at home. I wish I could play my Luke while sitting at my computer at the office!!!

 
At 5:05 AM PDT, Blogger ken bloom said...

One of the very few advantages of working for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery