Monday, July 27, 2015

Squaresville


When I was a kid there was a slang term going around, "L7." If you put your fingers together in a certain way, forming an "L" with one hand and a "7" with the other, you get a square. Get it? You are strictly L7, Daddio! Be cool! Dinosaur that I am, I still use this term. Kids look at me like I'm crazy.
Lately my life is all about squares! I've been working on an afghan that consists of tons of squares. I'm working on dishcloths for the annual Discloth Swap of 2015. I just made a few square Tawashi as gifts, paired with fancy soap for my friends. I'm always making granny squares too, for one project or another, like my current Kauni Rainbow project. 


Diagonal Stitch Tawashi

Tawashi and Soap Giftie

Willow Square Tawashi

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Granny squares are the building blocks to fashion." Everything is modular. Squares are my life.
Kauni / Willow Shawl

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery