Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Yarn Crazy


No matter how much yarn a crocheter and/or knitter owns, they always want an additional amount. A person could have bins, drawers, baskets, shelves, tote bags and a school locker filled with yarn (#ellenbloom #yarnaholic), and there's always that yearning for just a little bit more.
Usually at this time of year, during my month-long birthday celebration, I like to make gift-giving easy for my friends. Those in the know give me gorgeous yarn that I would probably not purchase for myself. I'm talkin' FANCY yarn, not the kind you buy at the local chain craft store (not that there's anything wrong with that).
I was lucky enough this past week to receive a boatload of ravishing yarnyness from my friends! Thank you, Ladies!
Sweet Georgia Superwash Worsted, "Ginger" from Beth

Twist Heavenly Sock, "Ever After" from Carol

Twist Sock Yarn from Julie

Malabrigo Worsted, "Amoroso" from Diane

Tahki-Stacy Charles, Cotton Classic, Mercerized from Natalie

There are still days left in the month of July and a couple of anticipated celebrations. Who knows if there's more new yarn in my immediate future?
Just in case, I bought myself a few presents in the last couple of weeks...
Scratchy, but gorgeous Kauni "Rainbow," from Ellen B. This will eventually become a V-shaped shawl

Madeline Tosh "Holi,"  from Ellen B. I only have two skeins of this yarn. Not sure what to create. It's so festive!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:09 AM PDT, Blogger Lynn said...

Well, I could say exactly the same thing about a seamstress and her fabric!

 
At 7:43 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Definitely, Lynn! Different hobby, same obsession!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery