Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Knittin' in the Park...


Whenever I'm knittin' the park, I always think of that Billy Stewart song from 1965, "Sittin' in the Park...waiting for you -ooo-ooo." It's a good ol' lowrider song that I've always liked...a classic song from my youth.
On Saturday, late afternoon I met up with my Santa Monica knitters and crocheters at Clover Park.  We used to meet at Fairview Library, but it is closed for renovation. Our regular meetings were the second, fourth and fifth Saturdays of the month. During the summer we're meeting every Saturday at Clover Park, 3:30-5:30. I try to squeeze this gathering into my schedule, because there's nothing better than sitting in the cool Santa Monica breeze in a beautiful park with my yarny friends. 
Bebe, Jamie brought her mini-loom, a portion of Lisa

This past Saturday Eve brought her twins, Jason and Georgina, with her. Eve didn't get much crocheting in, but I could tell that the twins were thrilled to be in the open park. They're walking now, with Mom's help. So cute!
Jason, Georgina, Eve
Walking with Mom while Bebe watches

Kickin' back for a drink!

See you this Saturday at Clover Park, 2600 Ocean Park Boulevard, SM. We meet on a patch of ground, under the tree closest to the parking lot at the north/east corner of the park, 3:30 -5:30. Join us, even if you don't have any yarn. Bring a blankie or chair. It's a peaceful way to spend a few hours. You'll learn a lot about yarn, whether you want to or not!
My latest park project - mini-tote bag

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery