Friday, September 04, 2015

Sweet Little House


This is Amanda's Nineteen Hundred House Dishcloth

Yes, it's hot in Los Angeles. Too hot to knit and/or crochet anything of great size. I've been making a lot of dishcloths. These come in handy for gifts and for use around the house. I also like to use a sweet, cotton "spa" cloth to wash my face.
For a long time, I've been crazy for Amanda Ochocki's (chalklegs) patterns on Ravelry. Her patterns are well-written, photographed beautifully and always come out great. I've had her Nineteen Hundred House Dishcloth pattern for a long time, but have never knit it. I was inspired to make one for my friend, Diane's birthday. Diane prefers to crochet, so I always try to give her something that I've knit.

Marico's Nineteen Hundred House Dishcloths

I "met" Amanda through the Annual Dishcloth Swap group on Ravelry. All of us admired her work. I started corresponding with her about different patterns and we became Rav-Friends. We've even worked together on figuring out difficult crochet patterns just from photographs...no written patterns or charts. Amanda is very clever. I like to call her Chalkie.
Amanda provides a chart AND written directions 

Diane's Little House Spa Cloth with Fancy Soap



I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton, color way "Country Stripes" for Diane's house. I wanted to make the cloth firm and small, so instead of using the usual size 7 or 8 needles, I used size 3's! It was difficult to knit such fat cotton with tiny needles, but it was worth it. The resulting cloth is adorable, IMHO.
Amanda has also designed the Westside Apartment Dishcloth.  That's my next project! Thanks, Chalkie for designing such cool patterns.  I'm waiting for the Mid-20th Century Modern House Dishcloth!!

Next Project

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery